The Solidarity Center is the largest U.S.-based international worker rights organization. Its programs are based on the principle that, by exercising their right to freedom of association and forming trade unions and democratic worker rights organizations, working people can collectively improve their workplaces, call on governments to uphold laws and protect human rights, and be a force for democracy, social justice and inclusive economic development. Its programs in more than 60 countries focus on human and worker rights awareness, union skills, occupational safety and health, gender equality, migration and human trafficking and pro-legal strategies, as well as bolster workers in an increasingly informal economy. Founded in 1997 by the AFL-CIO to tackle the enormous challenges workers face in the global economy, the Solidarity Center works to promote democratic rights and respect for workers; raise public awareness about abuses of the world’s most vulnerable workers; and, above all, help the world’s workers secure a voice in their societies and the global economy.
Summary of Position: The IT Officer will be the primary support person to the IT Senior Adviser and will help to maintain Solidarity Center’s IT infrastructure along with a day-to-day IT desktop support for US and internationally based employees. This individual will provide direct support for Windows and Mac OS computers in an Office365/Google Suite/Kaseya environment, install and configure hardware and software, and solve technical problems. The IT Officer will facilitate mobile device operations, on/off-boarding processes, and maintain equipment and supplies inventory. In the absence of the IT Senior Adviser, the IT Officer will assume any appropriate functions of the IT Senior Adviser and/or arrange technical support of the office and field staff by the IT vendor.
Basic Qualifications: The IT Officer will be a highly motivated, success driven, dynamic professional experience in desktop support. This individual will be a customer service-minded individual with interest in improvement of day-to-day operations while managing internal and external relationships in multi-cultural environments.The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, including customer facing soft skills, and will demonstrate personal and business maturity, with focus on providing service that exceeds expectations. The IT officer must have an aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting hardware and software problems and ability to determine user needs. This individual also must have expertise in maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware and software systems and can effectively communicate technical information to non-technical people both verbally and in writing. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience training users in various aspects of computer hardware and software use, including MS Office 365 and Sharepoint.
The IT Officer requires a degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, and at least 3 years of work experience in a desktop support role or similar position in an organization with offices in developing countries. This individual must possess technical knowledge and hands-on experience with:
• Microsoft Windows 10, MS Office Suite 2016, Office 365 Suite, SharePoint, MS Teams, One Drive for Business, VOIP telephones (Vonage), Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Active Sync, Exchange
• Network protocols in an 802.11 wireless network environment
• ITSM Service Desk best practices
• Fundamental understanding of virtual environments
• Knowledge and experience with cloud/remote troubleshooting technologies such as Kaseya or other Service Desk ticketing system.
In addition, the following certifications or experience are highly desired:
• CompTIA A+
• MCSA Windows 10 or MCSE Desktop Infrastructure
• Active Directory Administration
• Microsoft Azure
1. Perform analysis and diagnosis, resolution of hardware and software problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions including off-site repairs for domestic and remote international staff;
2. Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, VOIP telephones, Wireless Access Points, switches, routers and other computer peripherals and devices;
3. Manage mobile phone services, inventory and device assignments;
4. Prioritize, schedule and update support incidents and requests, escalate to the IT Senior Adviser, and/or the appropriate support vendor as required;
5. Support for Windows and Mac OS endpoints, ensuring endpoints are up-to-date and compliant with IT standard configurations and procedures;
6. Direct support for Office 365 Suite, Google Suite (email, cloud storage, calendar), Zoom, and other programs operating on Mac and Windows systems;
7. Support remote IT service providers at field offices as requested;
8. Support audio and video conference meetings using Polycom, Crestron, and Zoom conferencing equipment and services;
9. Provide end-user training on various services and systems and participate in assigned IT projects;
10. Provide technical assistance and support on network, hardware and software related issues;
11. Facilitate IT on-boarding / off-boarding process, add /remove users to O365, Azure and Active Directory, and support 3rd party application administration;
12. Manage mobile phone services, inventory and device assignments;
13. Manage software approval process and oversee compliance;
14. Manage floater laptop inventory;
15. Manage and Administer the SC's cloud infrastructure;
16. Troubleshoot printer, scanner, and other related issues as they arise;
17. Manage the IT hardware and software inventory database;
18. Liaise with vendor contacts for technical support and device procurement;
19. Perform duties on weekends if needed;
20. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your application was submitted successfully.